Monday, June 18, 2012

Sunday Sling

Here are some photos of the UFO's that I insisted that I finish up before cutting into the new fabric on Saturday.

This quilt is a Lazy Angle quilt made from Riley Blake Apple of  My Eye fabrics that I call my Posie Quilt.



I really love this technique for making quick quilts.  They always seem like I did more work than I actually did.  It is not only easy but it is interesting because there are so many ways that it can be changed up!
                                                                                                                                                                  
This is my first little Finger Pouch.  Again, I used the Apple of My Eye fabric in the teal (fat 1/4) and the trim is a Nancy Halvorsen print.  I am finding the new prints are easy to match up with lots of what I already have!  Gotta love that.                                                                                                                                                                
                                        
And this is a sample of a kit that I have in stock from Riley Blake.  Ready for the quilter!


I feel so good to have these projects caught up! 

Yesterday was Sunday and I made a Sunday Sling.  It might turn out just as well if you make it on a weekday but I am not sure about that.  The pattern is by Amy Butler and the fabric is from Rowan.  I thought that the main fabric with the large white peonies was going to be my favorite but after I finished it, I really love the stripe with it.  Oh, by the way this bag is reversible so I don't really have to choose.  Which side do you prefer?

The model is my big sister, Charlene.  She very kindly posed with my new Reversible  Sunday Sling.   She said that if I posted her photo I had to include her telephone number.  LOL  She is single (a widow) and would like to meet a nice man.  If you know of any young at heart, kind, handsome, financially stable men who you could "vouch for", let me know.