Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hattie's Baskets

I have been anxiously waiting to begin the sample for my new Block of the Month which I am calling Hattie's Baskets.  While I have been waiting I did up my pattern on EQ6 and have come up with a layout that will give us size options that go beyond the "slap another border on" method to enlarge the quilt from a twin to a queen. 

The 12 blocks are simple pieced baskets with a small bouquet of simple posies in each.  They are sashed and put together with alternate blocks of the beautiful large floral.  There will be 4 borders of various widths repeating the beautiful floral  in the last one.

Finally, last week the French General fabrics La Belle Fleur arrived!  I was so excited and pleased with this beautiful line from Moda and I think the quilt will be very striking.






Here is a sneak peak at what I have done so far.


Piece Out
Jo-Anne