Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Goodbye Old Friend

Last weekend I finally closed the Woodstock location of  The Christmas Crab Quiltery.  I feels like I am losing my best friend and it is a sad time for me.  Over the years I have spent most of my waking hours at the shop or at home thinking and planning and "doing business " in an effort to make a success of the business and ....myself.  I have loved every minute.  Give or take. LOL  I have met many wonderful people and I have made some true friends.  I love you all.

The reason that I had to close down is not because I like Fredericton better, as some of you seem to feel, but because I simply couldn't afford to keep it open.  I have tried to make a go of it and have gone farther in debt than I should have in an effort to keep things going.  Always hoping that things would pick up.  Finally, I had to face the fact that there was not a large enough market for the business.  ie Too much supply for too little demand.  

For those who have supported me (and I know you are grieving with me) I thank you!  Truly, thank you.

I wanted to share these photos taken in Woodstock over the years in order to leave you with happy thoughts of the good times we have had together







Piece Out
Jo