Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's New?

We have just received an order of new stock and some of your favorites as well!  

We have replenished our supply of  Bohn quilting betweens in sizes 7, 8 and 9 and the "oh so useful" clips that Sue Hayden recommended in her binding class.

                              

 
I have noticed that hexagon quilting is becoming very cool nowadays and I love them!  The funkier the better!!!  I am making one using the blues and neutrals from an Everlastings JR and a 60 degree ruler.  It is a lot of fun to put together and .....no inset seams!!!!!   I will post a picture when I get it finished.

I am really excited to tell you is that we have the new Hex N More ruler by Jaybird Quilts.   With this ruler you can not only cut hexagons but use it for a 60 degree to cut a number of shapes. 




 We have lots of great "Crazy" books by Buggy Barn!  I am so excited to try making the "Crazy Till The Cows Come Home"
 

 

 but there is a quilt in the Crazy About Applique that I must, must, must make.  I spent last night picking out the pretty teal, blue and brown plaids to make it sooooso cute!  Here are the books we have in stock.  Call me at 328-6018 if you would like a copy.





"Crazy is a pretty constant state around here, and there's lots that we can accomplish before the cows come home for milking. We could work, we could party, or we can quilt! Good, Better, Best! When it comes to quilting,"crazy " is much, much better than the rest!"  The Buggy Barn 
 



Oh, and we have the new book "Loose Change" by Kansas Trouble Quilters.  She is using a new way of piecing by layering the precuts and stitching right along the pinked edge.  Cutting it apart and sewing it back together.  Simple and fun.  Have you tried it yet?




Piece Out
Jo-Anne 

Question:  What is cuter than a bunny?

Answer:  Noah and a bunny