Tuesday, February 22, 2011

High Quilting Season


Hi everyone! It seems ages since I last wrote to you. Hope you have been well or if not well then surviving this miserable cold and flu season. I had a cold with a nasty dry itchy cough that nearly set me crazy! But after about 3 weeks I got over it...........For about a week. When it came back! LOL Oh well, the crazy cough hasn't kept me from quilting. That is the main thing. Right? I think of this time of year, between Christmas and Summer as High Quilting Season. When we get colds and blizzards and the world turns a little slower and other people are somewhat stranded.......we quilters smirk a little hidden smile and rejoice. Time, hours and days of indulging in our favorite, most beloved sport, quilting. So far, I have completed 3 quilt tops.

1. Bittersweet Briar from the Kim Diehl book Simple Graces


2. Delicate Balance by Quilt Soup


3. It's a Dollies Life by Rosalie Quinlan
For more reasons than one, I am getting very anxious to quilt them. More on that later. Have a nice day. Jo-Anne