Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Chair


A few years ago, I found this really neat old (old, old, old) chair at a yard sale for only $1 and finally convinced my family to let me bring it home in the car. I dreamt about how good it would look and how unique it would be. I was going to reupholster it by cutting up an old quilt. Well, as good intentions would have it, it sat around our house for 3 or 4 years waiting for attention. Then I began to see articles showing how quilters were making things with the salvage ends and I thought, "This is what we have been waiting for!". I made the fabric by zigzagging the selvages to a foundation cut in the shape of the original fabric. There was horse hair in there..... Then I got busy or distracted and the project became a UFO for a few months. I think I was afraid that I wasn't going to be able to put it back together...... Right. A dear lady, Shirley Brown, in Woodstock reluctantly agreed to take on the project even though she said that she had, "never worked with fabric like that before". Thanks Shirley, we love the chair. It is so fun for the quilt shop!

No comments: